It Only Takes Five Minutes
Five minutes with your child can make a difference. There are so many things you can talk about with your child and just five short minutes can leave a lasting impact. Check out our Take Five Minutes to Talk to Your Kids About Drugs page which includes age appropriate tips, coloring pages, and more right here on our website.
Listed below are some more ideas!
If these ideas don’t work for you, keep searching! There is way too much information out there to get it all on this page. Find it just by “googling” things that work for you. Did you find something great? Let us know and we’ll add it here!
- 15 Ways to Connect in 5 Minutes – 15 ideas you can use
- Five Minutes Makes a Difference – a story of how one parent made five minutes each morning work for her son
- 10 Habits to Strengthen Your Relationship with Your Child – 10 easy things to keep in mind when interacting with your child
- 50 Simple Ways to Connect with Your Kids – these are “mini-connections” that you might put on your fridge as a reminder that even little things make a difference
- It’s Always the Right Time to Talk – complete website on how to talk with your kids at each age and stage about their bodies, health, and relationships
- 7 Powerful Tips for Great Parent-Child Communication – article in Time magazine on how parents can make children feel like they really care
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen…And Listen so Kids Will Talk – timeless book on how to effectively communicate with your child
- Communicating Well with Children – tips for parents of kids from 0 to 8 years and beyond
- Tips on How to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Self-Esteem – children with high self-esteem have a positive perspective on themselves and everyday challenges
- 8 Simple Ways to Bond with Each of Your Children Individually – making time more each child is sometimes hard; here are some ideas