Standard Golf Company is located in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and was founded in 1910 by Walter Voorhees. Originally called Standard Manufacturing Company, it produced steel farm gates, ornamental gates and other diverse products including cistern covers, street signs, boat docks, wagon tongues and automatic hog waterers. In 1921 the city of Cedar Falls built its first nine hole golf course. At that time no company offered a complete standardized line of golf course accessories, so in 1925 Voorhees decided to add golf course equipment to Standard’s product line. Over the years golf course equipment became an increasingly important part of Standard’s business. Today, Standard Golf is the world’s leading manufacturer of golf course accessories, and its products are sold by over 250 distributors on six continents.